Conference registration is open! The conference programme has also been updated, and a draft version is available for download on the Programme and Themes page [Programme Updated 22 August 2016]
Maritime Security Challenges 2016: Pacific Seapower, is proudly hosted by the Navy League of Canada, in association with the Royal Canadian Navy, and the Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies, a US Department of Defense organization.
The MSC conference series is a pre-eminent maritime security conference in the region, and has gained a wide reputation for the quality of its proceedings and networking opportunities. Be sure to join us in Victoria for MSC16 from 03-06 October, 2016!
A full three and a half days including presentations and discussion on “The Strategic Nexus of Pacific Seapower”.
Panels of experts will explore the following subjects:
- Challenges in the Regional Maritime Environment
- The Creation of Comprehensive Maritime Strategies
- Renewing Maritime Capabilities: Politics, People, Platforms and Systems
- Opportunities for Maritime Security Cooperation
- The Game-Changers: Technological Advancements in the Maritime Domain
Presentations providing critical perspectives on current regional issues:
- Where the Land Meets the Sea – A Strategic Overview of the Indo-Pacific
- Pulling Back the Curtain on the North Korean Navy
- Maritime Militia, the Unofficial Maritime Agency
Plus: A Special Debate on the Future of Arctic Shipping
Concluding with a Special Forum on the Future of Pacific Seapower.
Videos of the MSC14 conference proceedings are now on the MSC YouTube channel and the official conference report authored by graduate students from the University of Calgary is available for download.